Greece travel packages can be customized according to what you have in mind. I got the best out of my Greek package as besides an Athens vacation package I was able to include trips to the ancient islands. I also made sure that some beach camping was included as right from Crete to Santorini to Corfu there charming beaches.
‘Central Holidays’ the travel company I booked with has a website. Do visit their website as they offer a number of exclusive holiday trip packages to Greece. If you are a couple then Santorini is where you must stay as it is the most romantic place with its green hillsides dotted with white-washed houses overlooking the Aegean Sea.
At Athens I got to see the ancient culture through the archaeological ruins. I particularly enjoyed the day trip to the islands of Hydra, Poros and Egina. The walk in the lemon forest was delightful with its waterfalls as well as the lemon and orange orchards. I liked the Temple of Aphaia on Egina and the cafes offering Greek seafood in Hydra.
When in Greece must visit
- Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Ancient Agora and the Theatre of Dionysos. – Athens
- Ruins of Delphi – Delphi
- Palace of Knossos – Crete
- Temple of Zeus and Temple of Hera – Olympia (birthplace of ancient Olympic games)
- Volcanic Caldera – Santorini
- Monasteries – Meteora
- “There is so much to see in Greece that I could have got totally confused if I had not pre-arranged my Greece travel package. What to see and what to leave out is a big decision and I was glad the company selected just the right places for me to visit. I was doubly glad I had pre-booked everything with ‘Central Holidays’ as in summer Greece is swarming with visitors. What I also liked was that I had ample time to explore on my own and then I loved sitting in the taverns, enjoying Greek foods particularly the dips and making friends with the warm Greeks. “
- In Athens after my trips to view the ancient ruins I loved to shop in the modern shops in Kolonaki. In the cafés in the Plaka district I tasted local wines and the seafood as well as the ‘tzatziki’ – a cucumber-yogurt dip served with bread. I also cannot forget the lovely Mediterranean landscape as we cruised by hydrofoil to the islands. The drive along the coastal road to visit the ancient ruins of Mycenae was another kind of landscape. The ancient Monasteries perched on cliffs made for a stunning sight at Meteora
- Greece is blessed with a scintillating landscapes one more beautiful than the other. The islands of Santorini, Rhodes, Corfu and Mykonos all have a different landscape and Mykonos has a stupendous night life on its beaches that people simply love.